Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Do...@gmx.de on 2008/03/04 18:03:11 UTC

Creating sources jar

Hi,

when installing a jar ("MyProject-1.1.jar) of the project containing the class files - is it possible to also create & install MyProject-1.1-source.jar and MyProject-1.1-java-api.jar at the same time?

Thanks in advance,

Stefanie

Re: Creating sources jar

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
I prefer to generate the -sources jars whenever the normal jar is
created. Building a source jar is a pretty quick process. This can be
achieved just by binding the maven-source-plugin to the "install" phase.

By "java-api.jar", do you mean a jar containing javadocs? If so, then
that can be done with the maven-javadoc-plugin.

This file configures both of these plugins (though it can be done more
simply):
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/trunk_1.2.x/impl/pom.xml

As Stefan says, the build-in "super pom" that is the ancestor of all
other poms (and which is shown in the maven site docs) automatically
enables the maven-source-plugin when the -DperformRelease flag is used.
Can't remember for the moment if it does javadocs as well..

Regards,
Simon

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 18:56 +0100, VUB Stefan Seidel wrote:
> The easiest way to do this is to run
> "mvn clean install -DperformRelease"
> For more information on what happens behind the curtain see the maven
> doc about the super pom.
>
> regards,
>
> Stefan
>
> Dooing@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when installing a jar ("MyProject-1.1.jar) of the project containing the class files - is it possible to also create & install MyProject-1.1-source.jar and MyProject-1.1-java-api.jar at the same time?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Stefanie

Re: Creating sources jar

Posted by Do...@gmx.de.
> The easiest way to do this is to run
> "mvn clean install -DperformRelease"
> For more information on what happens behind the curtain see the maven
> doc about the super pom.

WORKS! GREAT! THANKS! :-)

Re: Creating sources jar

Posted by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.