Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Kalpa Welivitigoda <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/26 14:05:46 UTC

Compatibility of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0

Hi,

I am using MaxMind GeoLite2 [1] which is licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License in my development. I want
to know whether this license is compatible with ASL 2.0.

I did a bit of googling and came across [2], there I could find only about
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 and Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0. Hence this query about version 4.0.

[1] http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
+94776509215
http://about.me/callkalpa

Re: Compatibility of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Seems unlikely they are compatible.

Posted by Kalpa Welivitigoda <ca...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <
dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> [...]
Thanks all for the prompt response.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.