Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/10 05:32:00 UTC

Cloud-init ssh keys

I just enabled cloud-init on my first centos 6.5 template and I can see that
the hostname changed and the ssh password is disabled. How do I get my ssh
keys? I've generated my key in the UI but I don't see any way to import that
key into an instance.

Thanks

Matthew Midgett

Re: Cloud-init ssh keys

Posted by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Not sure what version of cloud-init comes with 6.5 but there was a bug in the one on 5.x where it was getting metadata from the gateway instead of the vr on Cloudstack.

Re: Cloud-init ssh keys

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

RE: Cloud-init ssh keys

Posted by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID>.
Ok so I cheated and made a bash script out of your ks file and ran it, now the password for the root user went from the one I installed with to the last one that acs set. :) thanks

Posted by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID>.

[...]

Complete!

Re: Cloud-init ssh keys

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.