Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jonas Büchel <jo...@gartenmann.ch> on 2004/06/24 08:45:30 UTC

taglib: class not found in jar-file

I've got the following problem:

I whant to deploy a taglib to tomcat 5.0.25.

If I point to the jsp which uses the taglib I got the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/taglib.tld"
from JAR file "file:/C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.0/webapps/taglibtest/WEB-INF/lib/gsa_prod3_db_taglib.jar":
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
TagExtraInfo class: ch.gsa.prodass3.taglib.TagAddAttributeTEI

If I copy the taglib.tld out of the jar-file into WEB-INF and do the mapping
in web.xml, I get this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Failed to load or instantiate
TagExtraInfo class: ch.gsa.prodass3.taglib.TagAddAttributeTEI
root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ch.gsa.prodass3.taglib.TagAddAttributeTEI

The jar-file is located in WEB-INF/lib.
It seems like none of the files in the jar-file could be loaded.

Has anybody an idea?
Help would be very appreceated!

Greetings,

Jonas Büchel