Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/12/11 08:55:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1817750 - in /ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk/framework/base/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/ base/component: ComponentConfig.java ComponentLoaderConfig.java ComponentResourceHandler.java

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Also for OFBIZ-9872 the Jira lacks a description to possibly understand
> why theses changes (notably why you rightly removed the "if
> (Debug.verboseOn())" test because it's done at the bottom level with  "if
> (isOn(level)) {"

There is actually a valid reason for maintaining the pattern:

if (Debug.verboseOn()) {
    Debug.logVerbose(string + concatenation + here);
}

In fact string concatenation (in any of its forms) adds some overhead
(computational, memory, garbage collection); since the string concatenation
is done before calling Debug.logVerbose (or similar methods), but it is
only useful if that log level is on (otherwise the call to logVerbose will
not produce any output) then it is wise to perform the verboseOn() check
before: if the call returns a false then at runtime the sting concatenation
will not be executed at all.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes better to keep it indeed

Jacques

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Same feel from France center :)

Nicolas

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
I've reverted these commits and reapplied the original patches.

Thanks all for taking care,

Michael

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Thanks, Taher! :-)

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank you Michael!
Please see a minor comment inline:

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>
wrote:

> I will check my latest commits and change this back where it is reasonable
> (i.e. where we have concatenations).

Actually this is not only relevant for concatenations, but also when a
plain string constant is defined (i.e. "some string here").

Jacopo

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.