Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io> on 2018/10/05 22:02:39 UTC

goodbye LogWriterI18n

I've just checked in a fairly large set of changes to remove all uses of
LogWriterI18n and to remove the LocalizedStrings.java class altogether.
The other I18n classes are still in place because they are in a public
package or are needed to make that stuff compile, but you should no
longer use them.

 From now on please use the new log4j-based log service.  If you must
use a LogWriter do not use the LogWriterI18n variant because you no
longer have a good framework for creating StringIDs to feed to its
methods.  Just use regular Strings.

Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <ud...@apache.org>.
Awesome work!!

I've previously attempted to remove the deprecated LogWriterI18n.. but
did ran out of time..

--Udo

Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n

Posted by Galen O'Sullivan <go...@pivotal.io>.
This is excellent. Thanks for this improvement, Bruce.

Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

Re: goodbye LogWriterI18n

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.