Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Scott Cote <sc...@lucidworks.com> on 2018/10/21 14:56:55 UTC

Hello

Hello All,

I’m somewhat new to the Metron Community though I have been exploring it and the source for some time.  Looking forward to being a contributor by giving as much as I receive - so I have also subscribed to the dev list.

For my daytime job, I work as an engineer at Lucidworks improving their core api’s - including lots of work on our internal blob store.

Most recently, I gave a talk at Activate 2018 with Ward Bekker.  We gave a 45 minute overview of the project along with a demonstration of Metron intercepting a bad binary being placed inside my blob store.  The talk was well received and I do hope to be a cheerleader for the project in my circles (which includes a Data Science user group in DFW with 3000 members Check out DFW Data Science
http://meetu.ps/c/2wTb8/lJP68/a live stream talks at twitter @dfwdatascience)

Latest effort is to get the centos vagrant instance up and running on my MacBook Pro.  Not sure if I should be raising the error messages that it generates in user or dev.

Feel free to reach out to me on Linkedin- just include Metron in your message so that I know the origin of your request.

Cheers,

SCott

PS now on to the irc channel and maybe even Slack (Ward and Simon)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Hello

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Scott! I'd probably use the dev list as a contributor, and as Otto
and Jon stated, feel free to reach out on Slack.

Mike

Re: Hello

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to the community Scott!  Let us know if you have any issues
spinning things up, I just recently updated those instructions so hopefully
they're pretty straightforward on a Mac but open to feedback/improvements.

Jon

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 11:27 AM Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Irc is kind of dead.  I sent you a slack invite.  Welcome!
>

> On October 21, 2018 at 10:57:04, Scott Cote (scott.cote@lucidworks.com)
> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I’m somewhat new to the Metron Community though I have been exploring it
> and the source for some time.  Looking forward to being a contributor by
> giving as much as I receive - so I have also subscribed to the dev list.
>
> For my daytime job, I work as an engineer at Lucidworks improving their
> core api’s - including lots of work on our internal blob store.
>
> Most recently, I gave a talk at Activate 2018 with Ward Bekker.  We gave a
> 45 minute overview of the project along with a demonstration of Metron
> intercepting a bad binary being placed inside my blob store.  The talk was
> well received and I do hope to be a cheerleader for the project in my
> circles (which includes a Data Science user group in DFW with 3000 members
> Check out DFW Data Science
> http://meetu.ps/c/2wTb8/lJP68/a live stream talks at twitter
> @dfwdatascience)
>
> Latest effort is to get the centos vagrant instance up and running on my
> MacBook Pro.  Not sure if I should be raising the error messages that it
> generates in user or dev.
>
> Feel free to reach out to me on Linkedin- just include Metron in your
> message so that I know the origin of your request.
>

> Cheers,
>

> SCott
>
> PS now on to the irc channel and maybe even Slack (Ward and Simon)
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --

Jon Zeolla

Re: Hello