Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Surendra Lalwani via user <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2022/10/28 07:11:20 UTC

Performing left join between two streams

Hi Team,

Is it possible in Flink to perform Left Outer join between two streams as
it is possible in Spark. I checked for Internal join it only supports inner
join as of now.

Thanks and Regards ,
Surendra Lalwani

--

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain
confidential information and is intended only for the addressee(s) named

Re: Performing left join between two streams

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Lalwani

Flink does not support outer join on two data streams now[1], you can use the DataStream API ds1.coGroup(ds2) as a workaround. Flink SQL support outer joins well, you can also try SQL way[2].

Best,
Leonard

[2] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/api/java/org/apache/flink/api/common/functions/CoGroupFunction.html
[2] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/sql/queries/joins/#outer-equi-join <https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/sql/queries/joins/#outer-equi-join>