Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 06:06:51 UTC

Openejb-2.3 itests fixed ! Well almost.

Hi David,

This is a continuation of the discussion we had in the "Testsuite
ready for action" thread.

First, the openejb-itests-core would not start. I have submitted a
patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-391 Please
apply this.

Next, openejb itests continued to fail looking for the same getName()
method. I then "fixed" it in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-392. Please apply this
as well.

Lastly for the "almost" part, after this and other fixes, we now have
185 passing tests, 2 failures and 5 errors.  The stacktrace for the
failures and errors can be seen here -

http://rifers.org/paste/show/2527

Please apply the patches in the above JIRAs.

You will notice that the names will show up in the logs as just
".setUp". This needs to be fixed too.

Thanx,
Prasad

Re: Openejb-2.3 itests fixed ! Well almost.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> Thanx. I now have the ejbcontainer-testsuite included in the tests.
>
> What's your take on the 5 errors and 2 failures ?

Without walking through the code in a debugger, best I can tell there
are two things going wrong:

> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Received Exception class
> java.rmi.RemoteException : The bean encountered a non-application
> exception. method; nested exception is:
> 	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> 	at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.test.stateless.StatelessBeanTxTests.test05_singleTr
> ansactionCommit(StatelessBeanTxTests.java:191)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Any java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError usually means that a class used by
a class which is being loaded is not in the classpath.  I'd make sure
you have all the jars you need in the client classpath.

> .setup()  Time elapsed: 1.082 sec  <<< ERROR!
> SQL Exception: Syntax error: Encountered "AUTO" at line 1, column 42.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(
> Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException
> (Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredStatement.execute(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.StatementHandle.execute
> (StatementHandle.java:121)
> 	at org.apache.openejb.test.beans.DatabaseBean.execute
> (DatabaseBean.java:80)

Seems Derby doesn't like our SQL for some reason.  The SQL is in this
class org.apache.openejb.test.DerbyTestDatabase.

Not sure I've helped :)  Haven't seen these errors before either.

-David

Re: Openejb-2.3 itests fixed ! Well almost.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanx. I now have the ejbcontainer-testsuite included in the tests.

What's your take on the 5 errors and 2 failures ?

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Rick, here's something for you...

Blevins and I spent some time trying to figure out the cause of this
mysetrious NoClassDefFoundError and we narrowed it down to this
"narrow".

The test failures are due to lines like this in the client code-
test09_lookupEntityBean()
File url :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb2/itests/openejb-itests-core/src/test/java/org/apache/openejb/test/stateless/StatelessJndiEncTests.java?revision=472584&view=markup

And that happens due to corba narrow calls in the server code -
BasicBmpHome home = (BasicBmpHome)
javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/stateless/beanReferences/bmp_entity"),
BasicBmpHome.class );
File url:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb2/itests/openejb-itests-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/test/stateless/EncStatelessBean.java?view=markup

The stacktrace is:
http://rifers.org/paste/show/2612

The same error occurs everywhere there is a corba call in the server side.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
surefire-report-plugin

Check out all the reports we have generated at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDEV/Maven+Generated+Documentation

Go to "Project Reports" link at the bottom of the left hand menu.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
David,

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> This is a continuation of the discussion we had in the "Testsuite
> ready for action" thread.
>
> First, the openejb-itests-core would not start. I have submitted a
> patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-391 Please
> apply this.

Applied.

> Next, openejb itests continued to fail looking for the same getName()
> method. I then "fixed" it in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-392. Please apply this
> as well.

Applied.