Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 01:00:18 UTC

Re: T5: Is Persist("conversation") planned? Please?

On 11/28/07, Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com> wrote:

> I completely agree with your remarks, and it's a kind of pity that T5 is
> such in advance in so many areas, and  in the same time have to deals by
> hand with that.

Let's not forget that Tapestry 5 is still alpha and there are other areas
needing work too, AJAX being one of the most anticipated ones. In addition,
it has a very flexible architecture that allows developers (Howard, other T5
comitters or me or you) to implement any missing feature. ;)

Thiago

Re: T5: Is Persist("conversation") planned? Please?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/07, Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hadn't considered for a second that Tapestry could, or even should,
> be integrated with Seam, but it's a wild idea that just might make
> sense!  Just had a look at the Wicket-Seam Integration code and at
> first blush it looks like Tapestry-Seam would be very doable.
> I would really love to dig further into this, but I very much doubt I
> could find the time.  Ideally it would be done by someone who already
> has a good handle on Seam.  Anyone out there keen to take this on??

Same here, I've been browsing Wicket-Seam code as well. I have some usage
experience of Seam, but not in-depth knowledge of the internals.

Does Tapestry have the equivalent of the wicket-stuff development
> area? Should it?  http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWEB/Home

Probably relevant to cross-link the Trails 2.0 discussions here:
http://archive.trails.codehaus.org/dev/e1cf626e0711300032h252f23afk1b2b14b5292c880c%40mail.gmail.com
A full-stack web framework integration project (Steam?) might be the right
place for T5-Seam support. All of this very much just talk at this point,
but I may have some time freeing up for this early(ish) next year.

Kalle

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Kalle,

For anyone who's interested, have a look at the wicket-seam section in https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/
  .

I would really love to dig further into this, but I very much doubt I
could find the time.  Ideally it would be done by someone who already
has a good handle on Seam.  Anyone out there keen to take this on??

Does Tapestry have the equivalent of the wicket-stuff development
area? Should it?  http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWEB/Home

Cheers,

Geoff

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
This is exactly what I am using, it is a wrapper around LinkedHashMap
that someone else developed here:
http://www.source-code.biz/snippets/java/6.htm

I think I also used an LRU put out by SUN in my previous versions.

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
For most people, I'm sure it'd be Seam. Spring adds an extra layer of
indirection, another IoC framework, more cumbersome configuration and
support for other patterns that a few people really need. Not that I have
anything against Spring (quite the contrary, I happily use it in multiple
projects), but T5 with its advanced IoC, Seam and a few other supporting
projects like c3p0 have been eating away what Spring has to offer to a point
where it's not clear what the advantage is. Certainly, one answer is that it
still supports many more frameworks and configurations, but that mostly
makes it more complex, not easier for the user.

Kalle

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Kalle,

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.