Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Merve Temizer <me...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 11:34:25 UTC

Getting Parent Dn

Hi,
I use JNDI and i have some search result entries and i can get their dn s
like

NamingEnumeration answer = ctx.search(searchBaseDn, filter, ctls);
       try
     {
         while (answer.hasMore())
         {
     SearchResult sr = (SearchResult) answer.next();
     OrganizationPojo organizationPojo = new OrganizationPojo();
     organizationPojo.setDn((String)sr.getName());

How can i get parent entry/dn ?

Re: Getting Parent Dn

Posted by Merve Temizer <me...@gmail.com>.
thanks in advance

Re: Getting Parent Dn

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 9/6/12 12:31 PM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> using JNDI you can do this
>
>          LdapName name = new LdapName( "uid=adm\\,in,ou=sys\\,tem" );
>          name.remove( 1 );

Or

if ( name.size != 0 )
{
     Rdn myRdn = name.getRdn( name.size() - 1 );
}

Do *not* manipulate the String. Never. Ever...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Getting Parent Dn