Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Edward Song <Ed...@nuhorizons.com> on 2008/01/03 16:56:40 UTC

Struts 1.3.8 Plugins initializing twice

Hi all,

Struts 1.3.8

I have a single struts module and it seems as though my plugins are getting
loaded twice.

This goes for the validator, tiles, and my own written plugins.

I've found out that if in the web.xml I do not specify a value for
<load-on-startup> then the ActionServlet is not initialized until it is
requested, and when it is requested it is initialized once.

Web.xml

<servlet>

            <description>Struts Action Servlet</description>

            <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

            <init-param>

                  <param-name>config</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/config/struts/struts-config.xml</param-value>

            </init-param>

            <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>

      </servlet>

However, if I add a value for <load-on-startup> it seems as though struts is
initialized twice as I can see that the validator and tiles plugins are
loaded twice.  The struts manual says that the framework should be loaded on
startup to ensure correct operation.

Ed

Re: Struts 1.3.8 Plugins initializing twice

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Load up the debugger. That's what I would do. If your plugin is being
initialized twice, put a break point where that occurs and find out how this
is occurring. There obviously must be a configuration problem because I've
never seen this.

Paul

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.