Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2003/01/09 22:46:52 UTC

I18n Samples working?

I'm driving mad, it had worked this morning, but now. Can someone confirm
that the i18n sample in the current HEAD 2.1 is still working correctly?

I don't have any flags but more or less unstyled text.

TIA

Giacomo

Re: I18n Samples working?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
I'd like to share this experience with you all.

I was gone crazy about this. All samples seemed to work except the i18n
ones. The page did not come with the usual flags but the text was lined up
all together with a bigger font as normal.

I've reinstalled almost everything you could think of: A new virgin cocoon
CVS checkout, new Tomcats, also new JDKs. But stll the same i18n page.

After I've build the war file on some different machines and
transfered to my computer, they all appeared correctly. Only the ones
build on machine must have been different.

After along try and searching I've found a .ant.properties file in my home
directory which contained the line:

    build.compiler=jikes

Well, after removing that line my build come up correct again.

I had a similar issue last year at Wyona when i helped them to speed up
their CMS onto Cocoon. The sample XSP pages we have in our webapp all have
a link to a beautified XSP source code page. On my build they where there
as expected. On the build of the Wyna guys the only had the text of the
link but no link. Well, the culprit there was, all others where using the
IBM JDK. After they switched to the Sun JDK the links reappeard.

This is indeed something that makes you loose confidence in those tool (of
course even the Sun JDK could have bugs, sure).

So the essence of these stories is:

    What do you order at 9am after a 10 hour debugging session of
    an XSP page that dosn't work as expected but you assured over a
    dozens times that it should?

            Pizza

Cheers

Giacomo

Does cocoon support creating ui components?

Posted by Yajun Liu <yl...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I'm looking for a meta-driven web application
development framework.

I have spent last two days playing with cocoon and am
very excited about it.

One particular thing I'm looking for is to be able to
use components to construct web page.

The component could be built with templates and one
component could contain other components, etc...

Could I achieve this using cocoon?

Thanks.

--Yajun

Re: I18n Samples working?