Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com> on 2003/12/23 14:57:40 UTC

RE: Error in JSP when using DynaActionForm / apologies, problem solved

Hi all,
	Sorry that I bothered the list with my spam.
I found the problem..in the struts config I was still associating
The old MyForm bean to the new action created 'AliasMaintenanceAction'

So whenever, in my aliasMaintenance.jsp, I was using the tag

the page assumed that the form to be used was MyForm (as of struts
config)

thanx anyway for ur prompt responses..

regards
	marco

Re: Error in JSP when using DynaActionForm / apologies, problem solved

Posted by Sheldon Hearn <sh...@starjuice.net>.
On (2003/12/23 13:57), Marco Mistroni wrote:

> 	Sorry that I bothered the list with my spam.
> I found the problem..in the struts config I was still associating
> The old MyForm bean to the new action created 'AliasMaintenanceAction'

I have the same problem, but I can't spot my misconfiguration.

... struts-config.xml ...

    <form-bean
	name="aliasForm"
	type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
	<form-property
	    name="aliasId"
	    type="java.lang.Long"/>
	<form-property
	    name="aliasParentAliasAddress"
	    type="java.lang.String"
	    initial=""/>
	<!-- There are other properties, but these are the only ones
	     used in the addParentAlias example.
	  -->
    </form-bean>

    <!-- Display a page with forms for various edits, which are serviced
         by methods in a DispatchAction, called AliasActions.
      -->
    <action
	path="/viewAlias"
	type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
	parameter="/pages/viewAlias.jsp"
	validate="false"
	/>

    <!-- This handles most of the operations you can perform from
         /viewAlias.do.
      -->
    <action
	path="/editAlias"
	type="bz.clue.cluex4.action.AliasActions"
	name="aliasForm"
	scope="session"
	input="/viewAlias.do"
	parameter="method"
	validate="false">
	<forward name="Success" path="/viewAlias.do" redirect="true"/>
    </action>

The JSP form that breaks viewAlias.jsp is:

	<!-- Request AliasActions.addParentAlias() -->
	    value='<%= alias.getId().toString() %>'/>

	    <bean:message key="button.addParentAlias"/>

If I give aliasParentAliasAddress a value in the html:text tag, I don't
have a problem.  Without one, I get

No getter method for property aliasParentAliasAddress of bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I've followed the example pretty closely on this; the O'Reilly book's a
little useless in this area. :-(

Ciao,
Sheldon.