Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Teis Angel Clausen <ta...@jobindex.dk.INVALID> on 2020/02/17 12:10:52 UTC

LDAP in docker, no new users

Hey

When i add new users to the AD group i specified in my docker-compose file, they do not appear in the Guacamole user list.

Existing users, can still authenticate, and get access.

This worked fine in version 1.0.0, where i added the LDAP_USER_SEARCH_FILTER parameter to the start.sh file, from pull request GUACAMOLE-688<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-688>.

I don't see any obvious errors in the logs

This is my LDAP options

LDAP_HOSTNAME: LDAP_SERVER
LDAP_USER_BASE_DN: "DC=job,DC=dk"
LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE: sAMAccountName
LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_DN: "CN=sa_guaca,OU=Users,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Job.dk Users,DC=job,DC=dk"
LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_PASSWORD: SOME_PASSWORD

I tried both:

LDAP_USER_SEARCH_FILTER: "(memberOf=CN=guaca,OU=Job.dk Groups,DC=job,DC=dk)"

LDAP_USER_SEARCH_FILTER: "(&(objectClass=*)(memberOf=CN=guaca,OU=Job.dk Groups,DC=job,DC=dk))"

If anyone can i help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards
Teis<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-961#>

Re: LDAP in docker, no new users

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Feb 23, 2020, 01:16 Teis Angel Clausen <ta...@jobindex.dk.invalid>
wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent answer, I really appreciate it.
> It makes way more sense that way.
>
> The only thing I don't get is why I was experiencing this "import"
> behavior in 1.0.0. But I will let it rest.

There is functionality which allows LDAP users to appear within the list,
regardless of whether they exist in the database. The intent of this is to
allow those users to be linked within the database more easily.

As long as the user you're using has sufficient permissions in your LDAP
directory (and admin permissions within Guacamole), you should see a user
list which combines users in this way.

See:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html#ldap-and-database

From the link above:

"... If an administrator account (such as the default guacadmin user
provided with the database authentication) has a corresponding user in the
LDAP directory with permission to read other LDAP users and groups, the
Guacamole administrative interface will include them in the lists presented
to the administrator, and will allow connections from the database to be
associated with those users or groups directly."

- Mike

Re: LDAP in docker, no new users

Posted by Teis Angel Clausen <ta...@jobindex.dk.INVALID>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.