Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/04 23:19:21 UTC

Samza Task searching for Resource Manager at wrong address at startup

Hi All,

I am trying to run the hello samza project .

When I execute the following command ,

 bin/grid start yarn

The Resource Manager starts on 127.0.0.0:3032 , but when I start the task it searches the Resource Manager on 0.0.0.0:8032.

What could be the config change?

Thanks,
Tushar

Re: Samza Task searching for Resource Manager at wrong address at startup

Posted by "Mhaskar, Tushar" <tm...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
My /etc/hosts is as follows

127.0.0.1       localhost       loopback

My yarn-site.xml is as follows

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fifo.FifoScheduler</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.vmem-pmem-ratio</name>
    <value>10</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.hostname</name>
    <value>127.0.0.1</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

Note : 127.0.0.0 was a typo.