Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Janice <ja...@shaw.ca> on 2003/12/19 20:24:58 UTC

re: ClassCastException coming from DynaValidatorForm.validate()-> bug or a feature?

I went to the source to try to find out what was causing this problem, and I
started to suspect that:

<form-property name="page"
                              type="java.lang.String"
                              initial="home" />

was the problem... sure enough, when I changed the name to "thePage",
instead of "page", it worked.

Would this be a bug or just a feature that I missed the documentation for?

Janice

RE: ClassCastException coming from DynaValidatorForm.validate()-> bug or a feature?

Posted by Steve Armstrong <bi...@sympatico.ca>.
Hi,

Validator has support for validating multi-page forms via the use of an
optional "page" attribute, associated with a field element, that can be set
to an integer.  From the Validator portion of the user guide:

All validation for any field on a page less than or equal to the current
page is performed server side. All validation for any field on a page equal
to the current page is generated for the client side Javascript. A
multi-part form expects the page attribute to be set

Since your form already defines a page property, and a non-integer one at
that, I can see how things might get screwed up.

Cheers,
-Steve