Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Johnny l <si...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/06 06:07:51 UTC

Problems creating JMS Resrouce Group

I'm just trying starting up with Geronimo, so please be gentle:

I was just running through Aaron Mulder's online book Apache Geronimo
Development and Deployment <http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/> and got
to the chapter in creating JMS Connection factories and resource
groups (7.2Easy configuration and deployment using the console). My
problem is that I
can't find any of the view's that are being shown! in fact, I can't even
find where you even create a new destination. All I have options for is to
create a new connection factory (no option for any other JMS provider as
stated in the tutorial) and only options for url, name, pw, pool max, and
blockout timer.

I'm really confused and been frustrated with this for a few days now. Any
ideas?

Re: Problems creating JMS Resrouce Group

Posted by Johnny l <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Aaron! that worked perfectly! I'm still hammering this all out
so I'll hopefully be back with more fundamental questions!

Re: Problems creating JMS Resrouce Group

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
For one thing, I think your parentId should be
geronimo/activemq-broker/1.0/car (you want to force the broker to
start first, not the other standard ActiveMQ resources).

Also, you should remove the implemented-interface element you have --
that's only used if you have additional interfaces above and beyond
what's listed in the connectionfactory-interface, and repeating the
same one appears to hose it up.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Unfortunately, you missed the key note at the top of that section (7.2):

Warning:  The console features described here are available in
Geronimo starting with version 1.0.1.

The JMS console features in the 1.0 release are nothing to write home
about, and the new JMS portlet was added for the next release (which
is not out yet).  It has occured to me that it might be worth
releasing a console update even before the next product release, since
it's pretty easy to update the console in place, but in the mean time,
there's not an easy way to get the new JMS portlet.