Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Volker <sa...@yahoo.de> on 2008/03/16 03:52:25 UTC

Problem merging with svn:keywords

Dear List,

for a build I had to merge the following diff (Revision and Date are set with svn:keywords property)

- * @version   2.0.0 $Revision:$
- * @since     $Date:$
+ * @version   2.0.1 $Revision$
+ * @since     $Date$

and got a conflict. Has someone an idea why ? As I tested, the colon in the keyword expansion does not matter ...

Hammering the table,
Volker

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go

Re: Problem merging with svn:keywords

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Volker <sa...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> for a build I had to merge the following diff (Revision and Date are set
> with svn:keywords property)
>
> - * @version   2.0.0 $Revision:$
> - * @since     $Date:$
> + * @version   2.0.1 $Revision$
> + * @since     $Date$
>
> and got a conflict. Has someone an idea why ? As I tested, the colon in the
> keyword expansion does not matter ...

Your @version lines differ in a section which isn't touched by the
keywords (2.0.0 vs. 2.0.1). I think the colons in the keywords
themselves do matter in this case with regard to the merge.