Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/03/10 16:41:54 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrRelevancyFAQ" by MarkusJelsma

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "SolrRelevancyFAQ" page has been changed by MarkusJelsma.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyFAQ?action=diff&rev1=18&rev2=19

  {{{
  http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q={!boost b=$dateboost v=$qq defType=dismax}&dateboost=recip(ms(NOW,manufacturedate_dt),3.16e-11,1,1)&qf=text&pf=text&qq=ipod
  }}}
+
+ Consider using reduced precision to prevent excessive memory consumption. You would instead use '''recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,mydatefield),3.16e-11,1,1)'''.
+ See [[http://search-lucene.com/m/nkgRTTSRos1/FunctionQueries+and+FieldCache+and+OOM&subj=FunctionQueries+and+FieldCache+and+OOM|this thread]] for more information.
+
  == How do I give a very low boost to documents that match my query ==
  In general the problem is that a "low" boost is still a boost, it can only improve the score of documents that match. One way to fake a "negative boost" is to give a high boost to everything that does *not* match. For example: