Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Seumas Soltysik <ss...@home.com> on 2001/08/07 10:04:54 UTC

Problems telnetting to smtp port

When I telnet to the James smtp port 25 and I enter the HELP command, I get an error message. The HELP command works for other SMTP server ports but not with James. The general syntax that James understands seems much different than other SMTP servers. Why is this?

Thanks

Re: Problems telnetting to smtp port

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
We had HELP implemented at one time.  Don't know what happened to it.
Certainly easy to add.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/