Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Philip Luppens <fo...@opensymphony.com> on 2006/10/13 15:34:42 UTC

Javapolis traditional open source dinner

Hey guys,

Just a little question of interest; who's coming to JavaPolis[1] this year ? And perhaps even importantly, who's planning on coming to the traditional open source dinner, organised by Mathias Bogaerts ? For those of you not familiar with the concept, it's a get-together after the conference, with lots of influential and less influential open source developers, in combination with great Belgian food and drinks. As usal, there will be dark rituals, world domination plans and lots of opportunities to discuss subjects with fellow programmers.

However, last year was a bit chaotic; I'm not just talking about the effect of Belgian beer and wine on fairly innocent programmers, but the fact that a lot of people joined during the conference, which made the initial 15 attendees go up to about 40. Now, this is great and all, but the chef of the restaurant had little time to prepare, and thus has set the limit this year to about 35 persons (we can push a bit more, but 40 should be considered max.).

Mathias proposed the following 'rules':
1) You should have attended the dinner before
2) Or you should be a commiter on an open source java project
3) Or you should be a speaker on the conference

We could move to abigger location, but it won't be easy to find a decent replacement (plus, it would lose some of its charm).

[1] http://www.javapolis.com
[2] http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=46168