Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ge...@alphaworks.co.uk on 2010/01/15 09:21:35 UTC

Spam getting through while SA restarts

I occasionally get a spam leaking through without having been processed
by SA despite passing the part of my procmail filtering where SA is
called. These spams are always at the time of scheduled SA restarts so I
assume they slip through while it is down. SA is called as below, is
there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Thanks,
Geoff

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamc

# Work around procmail bug: any output on stderr will cause the "F" in
"From"
# to be dropped.  This will re-add it.
:0
* ^^rom[ ]
{
         LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "

         :0 fhw
}

Re: Spam getting through while SA restarts

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:42:48 +0200
Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 15.1.2010 10:21, geoff.spamassassin3@alphaworks.co.uk wrote:
> > I occasionally get a spam leaking through without having been
> > processed by SA despite passing the part of my procmail filtering
> > where SA is called. These spams are always at the time of scheduled
> > SA restarts so I assume they slip through while it is down. SA is
> > called as below, is there anything I can do to stop this happening?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Geoff
> >
> > :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> > * < 256000
> > | spamc
> >

> Add -x option to spamc.
>
>        -x, --no-safe-fallback
>            Disables the ’safe fallback’ error-recovery method, which
>            passes through the unaltered message if an error occurs.
>            Instead, exit with an error code, and let the MTA queue up
>            the mails for a retry later.  See also "EXIT CODES".
>
>            This also disables the TCP fail-over behaviour from -d.

Alternatively increase one or both of:

       --connect-retries=retries
           Retry connecting to spamd retries times.  The default is 3 times.

       --retry-sleep=sleep
           Sleep for sleep seconds between attempts to connect to spamd.  The
           default is 1 second.

Re: Spam getting through while SA restarts

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Don't read everything you believe.