Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tanmay Kumar <ta...@isd.nec.co.jp> on 2002/10/09 07:04:20 UTC

BeanSerializer not found..

Hi all,

I am facing problem while passing  a user defined object as one of the
parameters to webservice method.
I know the parameters passed to QName object creation should exactly match
with the DD entry.

So I have edited my DD like this.

  <isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xml-test" qname="x:newbean"
             javaType="NewBean"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>
</isd:service>

And in my client program, I have done like this

    smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
                 new QName("urn:xml-test", "newbean"),
                 NewBean.class, beanSer, beanSer);

Please help on this. Exception is below
Tans

Exception says:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a
'NewBean' using encoding style 'h
ttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMLJavaMappingRegistry.querySerializer(XMLJavaMappi
ngRegistry.java:1
59)
        at
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.ParameterSerializer.marshall(ParameterSeria
lizer.java:105)
        at
org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.serializeParams(RPCMessage.java:333)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.RPCMessage.marshall(RPCMessage.java:307)
        at org.apache.soap.Body.marshall(Body.java:145)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.marshall(Envelope.java:195)
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:273)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at SOAPClient.main(SOAPClient.java:53)
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=No
Serializer found to seriali
ze a &apos;NewBean&apos; using encoding style
&apos;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/&apos;.; ta
rgetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to
serialize a 'NewBean' using enc
oding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:355)

Re: BeanSerializer not found..

Posted by Tanmay Kumar <ta...@isd.nec.co.jp>.
Hi all,

I found the mistake being done by me.
I was not having this statement in my client program

    call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);

Now it is working fine.

Thanks,
Tans