Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christoph Cemper / privat <ch...@ziemlich.org> on 2000/08/26 01:07:52 UTC

a comma-bug?

Hi there,

1st - big appreciate to rewrite WM with a generated parser - hate guys with the "got to write my own one" syndrom..

Played around a little bit and found a problem>

------------the MAIL.WM
Sehr geehrter $vorname $nachname ,

Wir begrüssen Sie sehr herzlich zum shop.

Sie haben die Kundennummer $nummer und sollten sich deshalb mit dem Namen

 $name

und dem Passwort

 $passwort

anmelden.

mfg

Christoph Cemper

-----------leads, using a modified test.java (from the dist-package), to
C:\apache\vel\Apache-Velocity-20000825\bin\classes\org\apache\velocity>java -cp ../../.. org.apache.velocity.Test ./mail
.wm > output
org.apache.velocity.parser.ParseException: Encountered "," at line 1, column 34.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF>
    "#include" ...
    "#parse" ...
    "#if" ...
    "#foreach" ...
    "#set" ...
    "#param" ...
    "#use" ...
    "#stop" ...
    <STRING_LITERAL> ...
    "(" ...
    ")" ...
    "{" ...
    "=" ...
    "in" ...
    "\"" ...
    "true" ...
    "false" ...
    <TEXT> ...
    <MONEY> ...
    <VARIABLE> ...
    <PROPERTY> ...
    <METHOD> ...

        at org.apache.velocity.parser.Parser.generateParseException(Parser.java:884)
        at org.apache.velocity.parser.Parser.jj_consume_token(Parser.java:820)
        at org.apache.velocity.parser.Parser.process(Parser.java:88)
        at org.apache.velocity.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:36)
        at org.apache.velocity.Template.parse(Template.java:108)
        at org.apache.velocity.Test.<init>(Test.java:92)
        at org.apache.velocity.Test.main(Test.java:98)

I guess, the comma seems to be a problem in the EBNF of the parser, could you verify that?

Regards,
christoph

Re: FW: a comma-bug?

Posted by Christoph Cemper / privat <ch...@ziemlich.org>.