Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/19 18:04:23 UTC

connections to old update services now gone...update35.services.openoffice.org

Re message forwarded to me by a friend...

*Could not establish Internet connection to update35.services.openoffice.org
*

Any suggestions about what we can do about this????

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

Re: connections to old update services now gone...update35.services.openoffice.org

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/19/2011 06:46 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Marcus--
>
> Hi. Thanks for the reply. I understand the service itself can not be
> rebuilt, and I also realize this is probably something hard-coded in the
> program. Since I don't know how it's referenced internally, I was just
> wondering if a "dummy" service could be setup that might just DO something,
> if only to alert the user that it is no longer in service.

Of course it could be tried. But it's not easy and finished "overnight".
And even when a rebuild would be successful, the result is just a
message like "No updates available". Not worth the effort.

Additionally ...

> This would entail the infrastructure folks on some level and setting up a
> "VM". SO, maybe too much overhead to deal with right now, I guess.

... OOo 3.3.0 was published in January, so since 10 months it's the same
result as the server/service wasn't really reachable good.

IMHO no need to do *now* anything. ;-)

Marcus

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Marcus--