Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/01/18 23:05:33 UTC

[classlib] What can it do?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of GM Jr. I've tweaked the class
library wiki page to include the results of some basic experiments using
the recent Harmony class library snapshot.

	http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary

(I'll go back and fill in something for Ant and the Eclipse compiler
soon, but we use them for self-host so seems to work quite well.)

If you try and run something, please record your success/failure for us
all to see.  It will help us form a missing code "Most Wanted" list <g>
and a record of our abilities.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] What can it do?

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Sure -- I was using "passing the application's examples and test suites"
> as a reasonable definition of 'it works'.
>
> The wiki is good for this topic since it allows any number of people to
> edit the website with the results of their experiments (rather than
> relying on a poor, overworked committer to update the website).

Feh.  It teaches people to send a patch, which I'd argue is faster than
working w/ the wiki :)

Re: [classlib] What can it do?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: [classlib] What can it do?