Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/08/15 20:33:56 UTC

cxf/sandbox now open to all Apache committers....

This is just to let everyone know that we've now opened up the cxf/sandbox
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/sandbox/) to everyone with commit
access at Apache.   Thus, anyone should feel free to create a branch in
there, experiment with "cool new stuff for CXF", patches, etc....

This can be used instead of attaching patches to Jira's as well.   When you
create a Jira issue, just add a comment like "fixed in sandbox/dkulp_fixes"
or something and we can then look at merging from the sandbox directly.

I SUGGEST people use subversion 1.5.x when doing that.   With svn 1.5.x, we
can use the built in merge tracking to keep information about what has merged
from where and things like "svn blame -g" can get the real information about
who is responsible off the branches.   svn 1.5 can also handle the merging
to/from trunk more cleanly and such.  (svn merge --reintegrate), etc...

Not required to use 1.5, but it is a suggestion.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org