Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bruce R. Lewis" <br...@ALUM.MIT.EDU> on 2002/09/10 14:47:21 UTC

seeking good 3.3 config for shared host running Apache 1.3.9 on Debian

I'm trying to switch to a new web hosting provider (www.synecdoche.com),
and they just installed Tomcat 3.3 on Debian.  They're running Apache
1.3.9.  They don't have experience with Tomcat, and are looking to me
for suggestions on how to configure it.  I've actually only used Tomcat
standalone for demo purposes in an environment with one user.

What's a good Tomcat/Apache configuration for a multi-user situation
like an ISP?  I'm not looking for users to be totally mutually untrusted
(unless it would be easy and performant to do so), but a config that
keeps users from accidentally interfering with each other would be good.

My googling didn't turn up such examples.  Any help would be
appreciated.

--
<brlewis@[(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.codesimply.net/