Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "JeremieB." <Je...@gemalto.com> on 2013/12/20 10:54:38 UTC

Conditionnal adding of section in generated archetype

Hello,

I created an archetype to create a new project (a project root pom), and
another one to create a module of some kind. I want them separated - I don't
want a multi-module archetype.
My use-case is when I create a new module from archetype, in a folder
already containing my project root pom.

If I specify a <parent> section in the template pom.xml (in
archetype-resources) of the module archetype, when I create it from
archetype, this parent section is copied as is in generated module pom.xml
(this parent is my corporate master pom).
If I do not specify a <parent> section in the template pom.xml of the module
archetype, then automatically the project root pom is added as parent in
generated module pom.xml.

I would like to find a solution, to make it "smart", ie:
- I specify a <parent> (my corporate master pom) in my module archetype
source pom.xml
- Upon module creation from archetype
  - if there is a project parent, then it is replaced in module pom.xml
  - if there is no project parent (so this is an independent module that is
created), then the corporate pom parent is kept
Objective obviously being that whatever situation I try to enforce usage of
my corporate master pom, without forcing everyone to inherit it by default
in all project/modules/submodules poms.

I succeeded in adding some conditions in my archetype pom with Velocity, but
I don't know if I have a possibility to test for a parent pom being in
parent folder at archetype creation time ?

Thanks,
Jeremie