Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/22 01:19:52 UTC

Privileges

  Is there anyway to remove drop column family/keyspace privileges?

Re: Privileges

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.
No.

Re: Privileges

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.
My mistake, the access levels in 0.7 do now distinguish these
operations (at access level FULL).

Re: Privileges

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Scratch that, looks like a fix is on it's way...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1237 for 0.8 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1271 for 0.7

Aaron

On 23 Aug, 2010,at 11:39 PM, aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

I may try to code a fix for this as it seems like the easiest cassandra ticket I could image (and my Java is a little rusty :) )

How about changing the format of the access.properties file to something like

Keyspace1=jsmith:FULL,Elvis Presley:READ,dilbert:READWRITE

If no access level specified default to READWRITE.

Would that be ok ?

Aaron

Re: Privileges

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.