Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Fathman, Abraham" <Ab...@53.com> on 2003/06/10 17:14:58 UTC

Betwixt Question (Mixed Content)

I'm trying to use betwixt to read xml that looks like.

<foo x="5" y="10>
	<bar a="1" b="2">data</bar>
</foo>

See how properties are handled as attributes except for the body of <bar>.

Is there a way that I can do this with betwixt?

I was able to use a nightly build to write xml in this format however I
haven't been able to successfully read it back in.

I have been looking through the source and I don't think this feature has
been coded yet. Does anyone know? (If not maybe I can add it)

Thanks,

Abraham Fathman
eBusiness Architecture
513-534-4607

Re: Betwixt Question (Mixed Content)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi Abraham

round tripping mixed content is indeed on the to-do list. i'm very, very
busy at the moment. (the long-promised advanced type conversion is nearly
completed but i'm going to need some more time to finish it off and
document,) so it'd be great if you could contribute mixed content reading
code.

there are some wrinkles with general round tripping mixed content.
(consider the case when two properties both write unstructured content -
that would have to be parsed somehow.) so i'd suggest that you concentrate
on the most common use case - when only one property is mapped to the
content.

if you fancy giving this a go, then i'll do my best to answer any
questions you have.

- robert