Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/26 13:17:40 UTC

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException

version: cassandra-3.0.9

conf/cassnadra.yaml changes:

>           - seeds: "host421"
> listen_address: host421
> rpc_address: host421

Java client:

package database.tools;

> import java.net.InetSocketAddress;
> import java.util.Map;
> import java.util.Map.Entry;
>
> import com.datastax.driver.core.AuthProvider;
> import com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster;
> import com.datastax.driver.core.PlainTextAuthProvider;
> import com.datastax.driver.core.Session;
> import com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException;
>
> public class Creator {
>
>     private static Cluster cluster;
>     private static Session session = null;
>
>     private static String dburl = "host421";

>         try {
>             AuthProvider auth = new PlainTextAuthProvider("cassandra",
> "cassandra");
>             cluster = Cluster.builder()
>                 .withAuthProvider(auth)
>                 .addContactPoint(dburl)
>                 .build();
>
>             session = cluster.connect();
>         }
>         catch(NoHostAvailableException e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>             Map<InetSocketAddress, Throwable> map = e.getErrors();
>             for(Entry<InetSocketAddress, Throwable> entry :
> map.entrySet()) {
>                 Throwable t = entry.getValue();
>                 t.printStackTrace();
>             }
>         }
>         catch(Exception e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }
>
> }

Result:

 INFO | Found Netty's native epoll transport in the classpath, using it
> [...]
> com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: unconfigured
> table schema_keyspaces
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error.asException(Responses.java:102)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.onSet(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:149)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.onSet(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:167)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:1013)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:936)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
>     at
> io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:254)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
>     at
> io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
>     at
> io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:242)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:339)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:324)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:847)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollSocketChannel$EpollSocketUnsafe.epollInReady(EpollSocketChannel.java:722)
>     at
> io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:326)
>     at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:264)
>     at
> io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:111)

Surely user error, but what is being done wrongly please?

Thanks.

Lou.

Re: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 04/26/2018 09:03 AM, Michael Shuler wrote:
> Seems like an incomplete upgrade to 3.0.9 (and now 3.11.2) from some
> earlier version, which used schema_columnfamilies, I think?

Similar error on:
https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/JAVA-1092

--
Michael

Re: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Good call! Java client was using Cassandra 2.11 lib jars in classpath.
Switching to Cassandra 3.11 jars in Java client classpath works!

Thx!

Lou.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
I did not realize that the 3.0.9 cassandra.yaml file is not compatible with
3.11??

I started fresh and edited the 3.11 cassandra.yaml file.  Here are the
exact changes:

diff cassandra.yaml cassandra.yaml.orig
425c425
<           - seeds: "bluej421"
---
>           - seeds: "127.0.0.1"
599c599
< listen_address: bluej421
---
> listen_address: localhost
676c676
< rpc_address: bluej421
---
> rpc_address: localhost

I made no other changes to Cassandra.  After launching server, cqlsh client
works.  My java client fails just the same.

Lou.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
OK, thanks for the extra info.

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.