Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doug Selph <se...@phg.mc.vanderbilt.edu> on 2003/03/10 21:54:16 UTC

Error from Administration Tool login

I have installed Tomcat 4.1.18. I configured a user with the
"administrator" role, and have tried to start the Administration Tool.
When logging in to the admin tool, I get this error:

--------------------------

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page

type Status report

message Invalid direct reference to form login page

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18

If I enter a known bad password, I get the expected invalid username or
password page rather than a server error message, so this only occurs
after authentication is passed, apparently. I get the same result with
Tomcat installed on both Mac OS-X 10.2.4 (JDK 1.3.1) and RH Linux 8.0
(JDK 1.4.1). Is this a known error with the Admin Tool?

Thanks,
Doug