Posted to dev@omid.apache.org by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/04/08 00:13:40 UTC

Omid bootstrap

Omid bootstrap is done. Here are the resources available now:

  *   mailing list: private@omid.incubator.apache.org, dev@omid.incubator.apache.org, commits@omid.incubator.apache.org are created. Please subscribe by writing an email to: private-subscribe@omid.incubator.apache.org, dev-subscribe@omid.incubator.apache.org, commits-subscribe@omid.incubator.apache.org. We shall stop using omid-dev@googlegroups.com and use private@omid.incubator.apache.org, dev@omid.incubator.apache.org for discussion
  *   Git repo: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-omid.git, all committers should have read/write permission now
  *   Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OMID, I added committers has Jira accounts to committer group. I made Francisco admin for the Jira project, so he can add new committers to the committer group going forward.

Next step:

  *   Initial code dump to git after IP Clearance (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance)
  *   Create website (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#create-website)

Going forward maintenance:

  *   Update status page http://incubator.apache.org/projects/omid.html according to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html#Edit+your+project+status+page
  *   Quarterly status report (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Incubator+ASF+Board+Reports), the first report due on June

Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Omid bootstrap

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Here is how we do it in BookKeeper:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/Building+the+website+and+documentation <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/Building+the+website+and+documentation>

but that's a top-level project. According to the CMS ref I sent before, incubator projects can follow the same process if you choose to. Doing the copy in minotaur sounds like the old way, but the best thing is to ask on the general list.

-Flavio

Re: Omid bootstrap

Posted by Igor Katkov <ka...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Hi,
I'm a bit confused.
We checked some top level projects and some incubator projects and quite a few of them use dixia to generate static html from markdown.
Maven runs website generation as a step in build process. We assumed that we need to generate these pages and then scp them somewhere. Specifically /www/<project>@minotaur
Were such assumptions wrong?

    On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:40 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> wrote:

 I think you want to setup a CMS site, have a look at this:
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#svn
>From this doc, you need to open an infra ticket.
I was checking the web site setup info online for podlings and the information is actually a bit messy.
-Flavio

On 13 Apr 2016, at 19:51, Igor Katkov <ka...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:
Hi,
Yes both of us can ssh to minotaur.apache.org. Where are we supposed to upload static web pages for omid.incubator.apache.org ?minotaur only has websites for top level projects in /www

We can't scp/ssh to
omid.incubator.apache.orgincubator.apache.orgpeople.apache.org
LDAP authorisation check failed

    On Monday, April 11, 2016 5:10 PM, Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 Hi, Igor,
Can you logon to minotaur.apache.org? people.apache.org is changed to scp only.
Eventually you will generate static website and sync to /www/knox.apache.org on minotaur (using svnpubsub). Usually you will need use some authoring tool to generate static html. For Pig, we use Apache Forrest. Here is the website source code for Pig:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pig/site/author/
From: Igor Katkov <ka...@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:52 PM
To: "dev@omid.incubator.apache.org" <de...@omid.incubator.apache.org>, daijy <da...@hortonworks.com>
Subject: Re: Omid bootstrap

Hi Daniel,
Wrt website, I assume  we  are supposed to generate static htmls and upload them somewhere.Is that correct?
Where do these go? Is this the right place ?people.apache.org: /www/omid.apache.org/content/
Are we supposed to have ssh access to people.apache.org using private/pub key?

Re: Omid bootstrap

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I think you want to setup a CMS site, have a look at this:

http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#svn <http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#svn>

From this doc, you need to open an infra ticket.

Re: Omid bootstrap

From: Igor Katkov <ka...@yahoo-inc.com>