Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1999/05/25 13:46:48 UTC

Expat suggestion

Fine, Expat is now in the tree. Just a suggestion: The EXPAT Rule checks
whether src/lib/expat exists. That's ok when this is optional. But now that
expat is part of the source tree and will be shipped with Apache this test is
no longer needed, IMHO.

Additionally the src/lib/expat/ stuff still causes lots of warnings when
compiled with

$ CC="egcc" \
  CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align \
  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline"
  ./configure ...

And this time these aren't the "wrong compiler" flags, of course ;)

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: Expat suggestion

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Fine, Expat is now in the tree. Just a suggestion: The EXPAT Rule checks
> whether src/lib/expat exists. That's ok when this is optional. But now that
> expat is part of the source tree and will be shipped with Apache this test is
> no longer needed, IMHO.

Please see the reply I just posted to Bill's query about this.

> Additionally the src/lib/expat/ stuff still causes lots of warnings when
> compiled with
>
> $ CC="egcc" \
>   CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align \
>   -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Winline"
>   ./configure ...

I only have GCC installed, so I might not get all the warnings, but I'll
do this and clear up all I can. Thanx!

Cheers,
-g

--