Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sunil Govind <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/06 19:32:12 UTC

Git is giving read error for hadoop repo

I am getting below error while I try clone to hadoop git repo.
Getting same error while pulling to an existing repo which I pulled a week
back.

$ git clone git://git.apache.org/hadoop.git
Cloning into 'hadoop'...
fatal: read error: Invalid argument

Have anyone experienced similar to this recently?

Regards
-Sunil

Re: Git is giving read error for hadoop repo

Posted by Sunil Govind <su...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ted Yu and Varun for the update

I used https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop.git
Could it be better if gitHadoop wiki also updated with this update?

- Sunil

Posted by Sunil Govind <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Varun Saxena <vs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ragothaman, Madhusudhanan (CORP)" <Ma...@adp.com>.
Facing the same issue . Couple of weeks back I could pull the repo .

Cheers!!

I am getting below error while I try clone to hadoop git repo.
Getting same error while pulling to an existing repo which I pulled a week back.

$ git clone git://git.apache.org/hadoop.git Cloning into 'hadoop'...
fatal: read error: Invalid argument

Have anyone experienced similar to this recently?

Regards
-Sunil

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: Git is giving read error for hadoop repo

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please use:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop.git

Cheers