Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/04/26 23:16:35 UTC

[VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to accept
it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:

 http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.6.1.0/

The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, May 17.

10.6.1.0 is a feature release, described in greater detail here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Lily Wei <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi:
  > Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to  accept it

+1
I tested the sequence for the positive cases. For all the positive cases for ij and java application, they all look good. I would like to vote +1 for this release. Thanks all the people who is making the database better and better day in and day out.

Lily

________________________________
> Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to accept it

+1

This release looks quite good. Thanks to all for the hard work!

bryan

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 5/13/2010 2:12 PM, Tiago Espinha wrote:
> +1 provided that Kathey's "Just heads up, possible protocol error issue on 10.6" is just a false alarm.

Definitely a false alarm. See DERBY-4655

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Tiago Espinha <ti...@yahoo.co.uk>.
+1 provided that Kathey's "Just heads up, possible protocol error issue on 10.6" is just a false alarm.

I've tested the OFFSET and FETCH FIRST/NEXT clauses in sub-queries and they seem to work great.

Thanks Rick for managing this release!

Tiago

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
The mail got sent before I was done. The jira entry for the XPLAIN
issue is DERBY-4645.

thanks,
Mamta

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> writes:

> +1
>
> This release contains many useful improvements and I am not aware of
> any new regressions reported against this distribution.

+1

Dag

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 04/26/10 11:16 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to accept
> it as a Derby release.

The release candidate seems to be in very good shape. +1 from me.

--
Knut Anders

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Did some stress testing, ran full set of tests against windows xp, and
did buddy testing.  Release looks good to me.

+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
On 26.04.10 23:16, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to
> accept it as a Derby release.

[ snip ]

+1 from me.

I have tested the RC by running the regression tests on various
platforms. I also ran an industry standard benchmark (SPEC
jAppServer2004) which didn't reveal any performance regressions for that
load (mostly simple queries, high concurrency / load).

--
Kristian

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
+1 from the docs perspective.

Kim

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 04/27/10 16:17, Kim Haase wrote:
> I looked at db-derby-10.6.1.0-bin.tar.gz and db-derby-10.6.1.0-bin.zip.
> The docs appear to be fine except that they don't include Knut's very
> last checkin for DERBY-4401 yesterday (cosmetic fix to the syntax of
> INNER JOIN in the Ref Man). This is obviously not worth a respin in
> itself, but if there is a need for one I assume this fix would be picked
> up.

Hi Kim,

I have just merged the last cosmetic fix for DERBY-4401 into the 10.6
docs branch so that it should get picked up if we have to respin.

Knut Anders

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Kim Haase wrote:
> I looked at db-derby-10.6.1.0-bin.tar.gz and
> db-derby-10.6.1.0-bin.zip. The docs appear to be fine except that they
> don't include Knut's very last checkin for DERBY-4401 yesterday
> (cosmetic fix to the syntax of INNER JOIN in the Ref Man). This is
> obviously not worth a respin in itself, but if there is a need for one
> I assume this fix would be picked up.
Thanks, Kim. I believe that the cosmetic fix went into the branch at
subversion revision 938479. The candidate was built when the branches
were at an earlier level: 938214. If we spin a second candidate, we will
pick up the cosmetic fix.

> The release notes include the doc fixes that have gone in since the
> draft you circulated last week.
Thanks for checking.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.6.1.0 release

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.6.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to accept it
> as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.6.1.0/
>
> The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, May 17.
>
> 10.6.1.0 is a feature release, described in greater detail here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
>
> Regards,
> -Rick

+1
Myrna