Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Gautam R Singh (gautsing)" <ga...@cisco.com> on 2010/04/30 11:32:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Adding Authorization header at before proxying request

Hello List

I have a tricky situation where I need to proxy request to an old apache
1.3 which uses basic auth from a OAM SSO enabled apache v2.2.

The remote_user variable & the header get set correctly on Apache 2.2,
but before it proxies the request it should add an Authorization header
with base 64 encoded remote_user in it (so it gets authenticated on
apache 1.3). I tried to see if any existing module allows this kind of
thing but couldn't find one.

Please help with your ideas!