Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mi...@Sparkassen-Informatik.de on 2006/02/13 19:10:45 UTC

SearchIndex/MultiIndex ignore FileSystem [Virus checked]

The 'SearchIndex' seems to ignore its child 'FileSystem'.
This Workspace-Config creates files on the local filesystem in the
directory  ${rep.home}/workspaces/default/index

    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace=
"default" />
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem class="my.DbFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager class=
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.orm.ojb.OJBPersistenceManager" />
        <SearchIndex class=
"org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
              <FileSystem class="my.DbFileSystem">
                  <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
              </FileSystem>
        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

The classes SearchIndex/MultiIndex are using directly java.io.File instead
of configured org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystem

Is it a bug?

Michael Frericks

Re: SearchIndex/MultiIndex ignore FileSystem [Virus checked]

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
jackrabbit's query implementation used to run on the 'virtual'
filesystem but now it uses the filesystem directly because it shows much
better performance.

the configuration still allows the FileSystem element because there
might be alternative implementations that want to use the virtual
filesystem.

regards
  marcel