Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@visitronics.be> on 2002/02/05 21:57:44 UTC

Running Cocoon 2.0.1

I'm using the following configuration:
SuSE 7.3 (headless)
JDK 1.3.1_02
Tomcat 4.0.1
PJA  2.3.1

Cocoon 2.0.0 runs perfectly.  All the samples and docs are created without
any problem.

I now would like to install Cocoon 2.0.1 and did the following:
1) Stopped Tomcat
2) Deleted the cocoon.war file and the complete cocoon directory.
3) Copied the Cocoon.war version 2.0.1 file to the webapp directory
4) Started Tomcat and saw that the sitemap unpacked without any problem

the access log does not contain an error

the core logs tells me
- that the awt classes should be correctly replaced by the PJA classes
- after the line "Processor of class
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager is Threadsafe"  I get a whole
series of [Core.store-janitor] lines containing "JVM total Memory:
9482240", "JVM free Memory: 2551888" and "Memory is low =  false"
The free memory drops continuously until te log ends.  The last free memory
entry is 923248.  There are no entries after this.

the error log is empty

the sitemap log does not seem to contain an error, just a series of Role
definitions

After calling Cocoon in a browser I get the classical sitemap handler error.

The error log contains the NoSuchFieldError

The access log contains an error saying there is "Problem with servlet"

The core log contains the usual access registration and then starts again
showing memory dumps after a SitemapComponentSelector has been
initialised.  There is even a second error log with the rest of the memory dump

The sitemap log contains a NoSuchFieldError on the sitemap compilation.

Anybody any ideas?  Since I deleted the WHOLE cocoon directory it can't be
a sitemap version problem.  I have not changed anything to the PJA
registration in Tomcat, so I doubt it's an SVG problem.

Thanks for any input,
Bert

RE: Running Cocoon 2.0.1

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@visitronics.be>.
<snip>

>2.A) Delete the working directory.

<snip>

You got me there Vadim.  I completely overlooked that the working directory
is NOT IN THE COCOON DIRECTORY.
Deleting the tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon directory solved the
problem.  Cocoon 2.0.1 runs fine now.
Thanks for the endless tutoring of newbies like me.

Bert

RE: Running Cocoon 2.0.1

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:bert@visitronics.be]
>
> I'm using the following configuration:
> SuSE 7.3 (headless)
> JDK 1.3.1_02
> Tomcat 4.0.1
> PJA  2.3.1
>
> Cocoon 2.0.0 runs perfectly.  All the samples and docs are created
without
> any problem.
>
> I now would like to install Cocoon 2.0.1 and did the following:
> 1) Stopped Tomcat
> 2) Deleted the cocoon.war file and the complete cocoon directory.

2.A) Delete the working directory.

> 3) Copied the Cocoon.war version 2.0.1 file to the webapp directory
> 4) Started Tomcat and saw that the sitemap unpacked without any
problem

<snip/>

> The error log contains the NoSuchFieldError
>
> The access log contains an error saying there is "Problem with
servlet"

> The core log contains the usual access registration and then starts
again
> showing memory dumps after a SitemapComponentSelector has been
> initialised.  There is even a second error log with the rest of the
memory
> dump
>
> The sitemap log contains a NoSuchFieldError on the sitemap
compilation.

> Anybody any ideas?  Since I deleted the WHOLE cocoon directory it
can't be
> a sitemap version problem.

It is in working directory.

Vadim