Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Ray <to...@blazestudios.com> on 2002/01/20 20:40:42 UTC

Overrides and a SSI question.

This might get a little confusing, so I'll apologize now.

I'm running a 1.3 Apache server and I'm using the Override option to
point one domain (SubDomain)  to a sub-directory of another domain
(MainDomain) on the machine. The problem I'm having right now is that
when I try to use SSI's with SubDomain, they just don't work. I have an
.htaccess file in SubDomain main directory with a Server-Parsed command
in it and it still will not allow any SSI's to run. But when I call up
the SubDomain as a part of the MainDomain structure everything works fine.

So when I do a http://www.SubDomain.com/index.shtml   nothing works. But
when I do a http://www.MainDomain/SubDomainDir/index.shtml it works like
a charm. Does anyone know why it does that? I've been banging my head
against my desk trying to figure this out, and I just can't.

Please help me, my head is starting to hurt :)

RE: Overrides and a SSI question.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Tom Ray [mailto:tom@blazestudios.com]

> This might get a little confusing, so I'll apologize now.
>
> I'm running a 1.3 Apache server and I'm using the Override option to
> point one domain (SubDomain)  to a sub-directory of another domain
> (MainDomain) on the machine. The problem I'm having right now is that
> when I try to use SSI's with SubDomain, they just don't work. I have an
> .htaccess file in SubDomain main directory with a Server-Parsed command
> in it and it still will not allow any SSI's to run. But when I call up
> the SubDomain as a part of the MainDomain structure everything works fine.
>
> So when I do a http://www.SubDomain.com/index.shtml   nothing works. But
> when I do a http://www.MainDomain/SubDomainDir/index.shtml it works like
> a charm. Does anyone know why it does that? I've been banging my head
> against my desk trying to figure this out, and I just can't.

Do you have AllowOverride set correctly in the <VirtualHost>?  Do you have
Options set correctly?

Joshua.