Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patty O'Reilly <or...@qualcomm.com> on 2005/04/18 22:53:24 UTC

ThreadPool logFull -- BufferedInputStream

I haven't heard anything back so I thought I'd rephrase my question.

I'm running tomcat-5.0.30 with apache 2.0.52 and j2sdk1.4.2_04 on
Red Hat AS 3 update 2. I am seeing runaway thread creation where
threads continue to accumulate until they are maxed out.

After doing a thread dump, which I have very little experience
reading, it appears that there may be a socket bug in either Java
or RedHat, but I'm not sure.

Most threads are locked on BufferedInputStream. This is what a typical
thread looks like:

"TP-Processor104" daemon prio=1 tid=0x080dc218 nid=0x4c87 runnable [ad1ff000..a$
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:222)
   at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:277)
   - locked <0x339bd098> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
   at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:598)
   at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:535)
   at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:6$
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.$
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

The last thing called appears to be SocketInputStream.socketRead0
(Native Method). The application is a simple jsp using taglibs.

Can anyone shed some light on this. I'm brand new to Tomcat.

Thanks

--patty

Re: ThreadPool logFull -- BufferedInputStream

Posted by Patty O'Reilly <or...@qualcomm.com>.
This problem was resolved (thanks to a suggestion from Mladen Turk)
by adding connectionTimeout="20000" to the AJP connector in the
server.xml file.

--patty