Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 21:49:55 UTC

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Hi Poorva, you can do with just a single broker (on the same jvm, forked or
remote) and producers and consumers as 'clients' of the broker.

For absolute simplicity, consider the broker as a pipe/container with
producer-push and consumer-pull or consumer-push (via messagelistener) like:
producer -> broker-pipe <- consumer (polling)
or
producer -> broker-pipe -> consumer (listening)

Hope this helps.

Posted by poorva1209 <po...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, got it working with single broker and producer running at unix
machine and just consumer running at windows.

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Posted by zackhasit <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Would 2 broker not work otherwise though. Please see similar question below.
I understand that one broker would work but what if I need to run 2 brokers
(no embedded/embedded).
link:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Implementing-Request-Response-mechanism-td4655304.html

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Posted by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com>.
Per your original message: "Brokers at both producer and consumer are
running as java embedded brokers"

So, you don't need two embedded brokers for passing the same message
between a producer and a consumer. Just run a single broker on a machine
that is accessible to the unix-producer and the windows-consumer both
preferably using the same activemq client version. Despite the tcp stack
impl differences, it shouldn't matter as long as the broker-url is
reachable from the producer and the consumer.

Posted by poorva1209 <po...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gaurav for replying.