Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Wennberg, Mathias" <mw...@haastcm.com> on 2004/08/27 16:48:18 UTC

[OT] Flex, openamf, flash remoting, or ?

We're considering putting a new interface on our app and are currently
looking into flex, openamf, and flash remoting. Have anyone tried these
products and what are your experiences with them?

Thanks.

Re: [OT] Flex, openamf, flash remoting, or ?

Posted by Bryce Fischer <br...@berzerker-soft.com>.
Wennberg, Mathias wrote:

>We're considering putting a new interface on our app and are currently
>looking into flex, openamf, and flash remoting. Have anyone tried these
>products and what are your experiences with them?

Flex was too much $$ for us. I did some stuff in Flash Remoting, and it
worked good. There's a 3rd party Flash Remoting that we used, FlashORB
http://www.flashorb.com/

The standard version is free for "most" commercial uses (consult their
website for more info on that).

Re: [OT] Flex, openamf, flash remoting, or ?

Posted by Ovidiu EFTIMIE <eo...@gmail.com>.
I think Laszlo is a bit faster  and simpler to set up, than Flex, but
Macromedia has Flex Builder which is a very,very useful tool that
helps you visualy design your interfaces.

Ovidiu