Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Speck <bs...@carolina.rr.com> on 2002/04/15 23:21:14 UTC

Virtual hosts (Named or Other)

Okay I am sure this is real simple But I can not figure what I did wrong

I am using no-ip ( Dynamic DNS) to route a few names to a single
computer.

I am sitting behind an IPcop Firewall/router with Port 80 being
forwarded  to my local webserver

I am trying to get bspeck.no-ip.com to go to the default directory (this
is working)

Also I am trying to get Countrybarn.servebeer.com to goto a different
directory. But this is not working

Here is my Virtual Hosts section
In the httpd.conf

Hopefully someone can help me out..
If you need the full httpd.conf. please let me know

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.2>
 	ServerAdmin bspeck@nettaxi.com
 	ServerName bspeck.no-ip.com
      ServerAlias bspeck.no-ip.com
 	DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml

	<Directory "/var/www/html/">
	 	AllowOverride none
 	</Directory>
 	LogLevel debug

</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host countrybarn.servebeer.com
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.2>
 	DocumentRoot /home/Countrybarn/www/
  	ServerAdmin bspeck@nettaxi.com
 	ServerName countrybarn.servebeer.com
      ServerAlias countrybarn
      ServerAlias countrybarn.servebeer.com

	<Directory "/home/Countrybarn/www/">
	 	AllowOverride none
 	</Directory>

Thanks
Brian

Re: Virtual hosts (Named or Other)

Posted by ElectroCities <po...@electrocities.com>.
OK....  I am running mine in Windows and I had the same problem. I too am
using no-ip and am behind a firewall.

This is how I had to set mine to get it to work.

My default document folder is d:\hosting and the webs are folders under it.
I also chose to use the web name as the folder name to make it easier to
setup.

BEGIN
======

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost _default_:*>
    DocumentRoot d:/hosting
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin@electrocities.net
    DocumentRoot d:/hosting/ns1.southjerseyhosting.com
    ServerName ns1.southjerseyhosting.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin@electrocities.net
    DocumentRoot d:/hosting/foggnet.southjerseyhosting.com
    ServerName foggnet.southjerseyhosting.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin@electrocities.net
    DocumentRoot d:/hosting/haases.southjerseyhosting.com
    ServerName haases.southjerseyhosting.com
</VirtualHost>

[...]

This email powered by
ElectroCities.com
Powering the Electronic Cities of the Future, Today!
Domain Names only $15.00 per year
http://electrocities.com