Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/08 21:42:32 UTC

Re: [jclouds] Import openstack-swift from labs. (#564)

context is this. apis/swift is known for years that we need to move off. It
is a cul-de-sac as the only thing to move off to is labs, which by
definition is not a good idea. While we can via some arbitrary rule prevent
the merge of openstack-swift until 1.8.2, why in the world would we? Users
still can't reliably move over off the deprecated provider, and also we
would introduce a split-brain repo over a provider that completely passes
tests. Makes no sense.