Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Deva <de...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/19 11:25:31 UTC

Problem loading images in PDF with FOP

Hi,

I want to include a GIF into a PDF, which is there in Websever location
(/nova/global/images). Webserver and AppServer are 2 different box

Following bits of code is implemented on both webpshere 5.0.1 and 6.0.0.1,
images are displaying in webpshere 5.0.1 and but not in webpshere 6.0.0.1. I am
using fop 0.20.5, cocoon 2.1, Xalan 2.5.1 and Xerces 2.4.0

<fo:block text-align="right" font-weight="bold" padding="10pt">
	<fo:external-graphic src="url('{$domain}/nova/global/images/nissan-
logo.gif')" />
</fo:block>

and

<fo:external-graphic>
 <xsl:attribute name="src">url('<xsl:value-of select="$domain"/><xsl:value-of
select="/page/generic/NSC-MODEL-XTND/NSC-MODEL-XTND-EBROCHURE-IMAGE" />')
</xsl:attribute>
</fo:external-graphic>

and

<fo:external-graphic
src="http://preprodweb1.xxxxx.co.uk/nova/global/images/nissan-logo.gif"/>

In the above code, value of domain is comming from XML (value is
http://prepodweb1.xxxxx.co.uk) and value for /page/generic/NSC-MODEL-XTND/NSC-
MODEL-XTND-EBROCHURE-IMAGE is /Media-Library/vehicles/e-brochure/br-
micramc2005.jpg

Also implemented the suggestion, which I found in google search.
1) src="logo.jpg"
2) src="file:./logo.jpg"
3) src="file://./logo.jpg"
4) src="url('imagesrc')"

Is there any issue with Webpshere 6.0.0.1.

It would be extremely helpful for any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Deva

Re: Problem loading images in PDF with FOP

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Deva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to include a GIF into a PDF, which is there in Websever location
> (/nova/global/images). Webserver and AppServer are 2 different box
>
> Following bits of code is implemented on both webpshere 5.0.1 and 6.0.0.1,
> images are displaying in webpshere 5.0.1 and but not in webpshere 6.0.0.1. I am
> using fop 0.20.5, cocoon 2.1, Xalan 2.5.1 and Xerces 2.4.0

Ok. Have you checked FOP's log? If you are running inside an App Server,
then I assume you are using FOP via its API, and you will need to create
a Logger and pass it to the API in order to capture the messages. Once
you have the message it should give you an indication of why the image
wasnt loaded.

<snip/>

Chris