Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by DA...@iba.by on 2009/03/05 12:52:13 UTC

Save long string to ApacheDS

Hello.

I need to save long ascii string in ApacheDS. String size is greater than
64K.
When I'm trying to save string attribute with length more than 65536 I
always get the exception.
It's UTFDataFormatException.
Is it possible to storelong strings?

There is no problem saving binary values with size greater than 64K.

It seems that the problem is in function
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeUTF
This function called from ServerStringValue.serialize.
Maybe the solution is to split the string call writeUTF for every 64K part
of long string.

Best regards
Dmitry Ahremchik

Re: Save long string to ApacheDS

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
DAkhremchyk@iba.by wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need to save long ascii string in ApacheDS. String size is greater than
> 64K.
> When I'm trying to save string attribute with length more than 65536 I
> always get the exception.
> It's UTFDataFormatException.
> Is it possible to storelong strings?
>
> There is no problem saving binary values with size greater than 64K.
>
> It seems that the problem is in function
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeUTF
> This function called from ServerStringValue.serialize.
> Maybe the solution is to split the string call writeUTF for every 64K part
> of long string.

I have created this JIRA a couple of days ago :

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org