Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/28 05:42:25 UTC

Configure james to use MySQL..undetected problem :(

Hi...
I just installed mySQL and now i'm configuring James to use it as its database.. i've searched the internet for articles on configuring james to use mySql and found many to help me.. but there's still a problem.. i can't run james after i altered the config.xml file to set up mySql... the error msg kept appearing..and i can't find where i did wrong..

apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Cannot find or init reposi
tory). at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.start(DefaultApplication.java:144)
        at org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUt
il.java:251)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.kernel.DefaultKernel.startup(Def
aultKernel.java:178)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Compo
nent named "mailstore" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
 org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Cannot find or init r
epository).
        at org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(Life
cycleHelper.java:289)

Re: James subject filtering

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
i've managed to solve the problem, just with adding
the tag:

<mailet match="SubjectStartsWith=SecretMail:"
class="ToRepository">
<repositoryPath> db://maildb/inbox/ </repositoryPath>
 </mailet>

in the JAMES config.xml file. Thanx a lot anyway.

RE: James subject filtering

Posted by Sumit AGARWAL <su...@st.com>.
Either write a mailet/matcher for this or do some exercise on
JamesSpoolManager.java.
Pick the mail,fetch the subject,compare it and place this mail wherever u
want to place and set the mail status accordingly.
sumit

James subject filtering

RE: Configure james to use MySQL..undetected problem :(

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Would you PLEASE see if you can turn off HTML e-mail when sending to the
list?  I hope Yahoo! Mail has that option.

> the driver i downloaded from mySQL website instead of the provided mySQL
driver

If you want to use the latest driver from MySQL, change to
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for the package from org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver, if I
recall correctly.

	--- Noel

Re: Configure james to use MySQL..undetected problem :(

Posted by Cadbury <co...@yahoo.com>.
hi all...thanx again..i've managed to solve the problem..the problem is actually because i was using the driver i downloaded from mySQL website instead of the provided mySQL driver with james... not to say the latest driver from mySQL have problem but maybe i have to change some other configuration if i want to use the latest driver instead of the provided driver..

thanx to all again for helping :)

Posted by jaysheel bhavsar <jb...@mindbridge.com>.
Hi,
  Looks like under the <mailstore> block the first two repositories for "file"
are commented out. Try to uncomment  those, because you are still using the
file repository for the logging errors and spam.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it works out

Jay.

Posted by Daniel Smith <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Check your logs: [install dir]/apps/james/logs/

You may try setting the logging levels to DEBUG in [install
dir]apps/james/SAR-INF/environment.xml until you figure out your problem.

-Daniel